Head of Precious Metals at CME Group
Record Date: 10/24/16
Today we talked to the head of precious metals at CME Group and a former trader at Bank of America and Morgan Stanley. His name is Miguel Vias.
Miguel explains why CME launched the new Gold/Silver Ratio product and two other products that can help traders take advantage of the precious metal markets.
He sheds light into the biggest drivers in gold right now, and he talks about the growth of CME’s precious metal products in Asia and around the Globe.
It was a great interview with a seasoned professional trader. I loved the story of his most chaotic trading day, because it can teach us a valuable lesson about taking risks.
Miguel teaches us a valuable lesson about taking risks. I know all those gold, silver, and other precious metal traders can learn from not only Miguel, but take advantage of the innovation coming from CME Group.
- Why CME Group launched the new Gold/Silver ratio, Gold/Platinum, and Platinum/Palladium spread products for traders.
- What Miguel thinks the biggest drivers are right now in the Gold market.
- The growth of CME’s precious metal products in Asia and the Globe.
- Most chaotic trading day. Gold in 2007.
Answers to the 4 rapid fire questions at the end of the show:
- Favorite Book About Trading:
– Trading in the Zone: Mark Douglas
- Favorite Movie About Trading:
– Trading Places
- Best Advice Ever Received About Trading:
– Never get into a trade without knowing your downside risk.
- Advice to Give to Others About Trading:
– On any given trade, never risk enough that will make you emotional if you lost it.