Co-Founder and Group Vice President, Sales & Marketing at DOVADO
Today we have a very intelligent and creative guest on the show his name is Samir Madani and he’s the creator of the hashtag OOTT on Twitter, co-founder of DOVADO, and an independent oil trader.
Today Samir gives us an interesting perspective into the oil trading business. He explains his reasoning for creating the OOTT hashtag community, and how it benefits traders around the world. He describes his process for analyzing and interpreting the live marine data and applying it to his trading strategy for Oil.
Finally, he reveals his ideas surrounding the latest Middle East oil data and what he thinks traders can take from it.
He has a very entertaining backstory that I know you all will enjoy. Thank you for listening, and please enjoy this episode!
- How and why he created #OOTT (Organization of Oil Traders on Twitter)
- Explains how oil traders can use #OOTT in their research and analysis in the oil markets.
- How he’s analyzing live port and marine data and using it to trade
- Samir reveals the latest on Middle East oil data.
Answers to the 4 rapid fire questions at the end of the show:
- Favorite Book About Trading:
- No Books. Investopedia, Youtube, and Periscope.
- Favorite Movie About Trading:
- The Pursuit of Happiness.
- Best Advice Ever Received About Trading:
- Learn from people who’ve failed so you don’t make their mistakes.
- Advice to Give to Others About Trading:
- Learn how to master the technicals, but respect the fundamentals.
Samir’s Twitter Profile: httpss://twitter.com/Samir_Madani
#OOTT Tanker Tracking: bit.ly/29CrHcH
Oil Events: bit.ly/29dQrwf
#OOTT News Letter: https://alturl.com/kdw5g
Relevant chart pertaining to guest’s comments: