Strategist at Independent Macro Consultancy Firm Macronomics
Record Date: 5/31/17
Today I spoke to a man that started his career as an assistant trader. He started in Japanese Bonds and got hooked! He went to work at a bank in Paris and eventually to London selling credit derivatives and bonds to large Institutions. His name is Martin Tixier and he is a Strategist at Independent Macro Consultancy Firm Macronomics.
[bctt tweet=”#FuturesRadio ‘The biggest risk in Europe is still Italy because the growth is not there” username=”macronomics1″]
Today, Martin and I discussed why traders should be watching shadow banking and wealth management products in China as they may soon have a big impact on Financial Markets. We talked about the French Election and I asked Martin why the markets were so reactive to them. He tells us what traders should be looking at from Macron as time goes by.
We spoke about Italy and why he thinks it’s the biggest risk in Europe. He tells us what inning it is in the credit cycle and why the flattening of the US Yield curves is so important for traders to keep an eye on. Martin is a very smart guy who understands the Macro picture as well as anyone I’ve spoken too. I know you will learn a lot from today’s show with him. As always thank you for listening, and please enjoy this episode.
- Martin reveals what’s happening in China that traders need to know about. The shadow banking and wealth managed products that are not all regulated and dangerous in china. What’s threatening the financial stability of China
- He breaks down the significance of the French Election in the global economy. Explains the relationships between Germany, France, and the U.S.
- Why he thinks Italy is the biggest risk in Europe, and why we should be watching close.
- He shows where we’re at in the credit cycle. Starting to see a slowdown in consumer credit and flattening in yield curve. What the art auction market is revealing to us.
- How has your trading evolved?
- Much more disciplined in cutting losses.
- Moment trading clicked?
- Very early, started very young in teenage years.
- #1 source you spend your time on?
- Reading, as much as he can in resources.
- Favorite Book About Trading:
- Den of thieves.
- Favorite Movie About Trading:
- Margin Call
- Best Advice Ever Received About Trading:
- Cut losses fast, let winners run.
- Advice to Give to Others About Trading:
- Read, read, read, make your own opinion.
- If you weren’t a trader you’d be what?
- Website: https://macronomy.blogspot.com/
- Twitter: httpss://twitter.com/Macronomics1
- LinkedIn: httpss://www.linkedin.com/in/martin-tixier-7a2215/
- “The biggest risk in Europe is still Italy because the growth is not there…” 18:00
“Read, read, read, make your own opinion.” That’s golden!
Thanks for your comment! There’s a ton of information out there to filter through.
Just here willing to learn i want all the knowledge one can aquire in reguards to trading
You’re in the right place with the right mindset!